Our Charity

Our Charity

Friday 8 July 2011

The time has come!

I think that the title of the post says it all. The time has come and we are all waiting for the off tomorrow morning. I would like to say that everyone has finished packing but they haven't (me included) and the team is busy zipping round as I speak gathering last minute items.

The dream machine (my bike) was brought in this morning and is awaiting transportation to Cornwall and my bag is sat half packed on my bedroom floor.

I haven't been nervous up until 5 o'clock this morning when I was rudely awoken with a massive cramp in my right calf. I hope it wasn't the sign of things to come! I couldn't get back to sleep for the butterflies in my stomach and an "itch" at the back of my brain reminding me that I must have forgotten something but I can't remember what it was.

Yesterday was a mad rush, running round all the places that have sponsored us, Wilkinson's, Dudley Building Society and Lovell Homes were places that we all had a photos taken. The more vigilant amongst you may have seen that our total raised has topped the £2000 mark. Much more than we originally hoped. If you haven't already donated, please do as we want to raise as much as we can for such a good charity.

We have been able to secure mobile internet for the ride and so we will update the blog everyday with pictures and the like so keep on reading.

Until then, wish us all luck!

Tris

No comments:

Post a Comment